The High Court Criminal Division has directed a case in which former Wananchi Group CEO Richard Alden is accused of murdering his girlfriend in Karen estate to be heard from August 25 without further delay.
Trial judge Jessie Lessit fixed the hearing dates after the defence lawyer Pravin Bowry told the court that he is ready to proceed with the trial since his client wants the matter heard expeditiously.
He told the court that he is currently jobless with no source of income.
“The accused desires to proceed with the hearing since he’s in the country without a job or any source of income” Boris told the court.
The case failed to proceed last week after Richard was told that the trial judge was attending a judicial forum in Mombasa.
Alden through his lawyer Pravin Bowry, told the trial court that he is ready to proceed with his trial and blamed the prosecution for delaying the trial.
Last month DPP withdrew the criminal case which he was accused of having a firearm without a license.
While applying to withdraw the case DPP told the court the want to withdraw the matter to allow further investigations over the matter.
Mr Alden was arrested after investigators ruled out an initial report that the woman had shot herself while playing with a pistol.
Prosecution through Ms Catherine Mwaniki , had opposed the bond had told the trial court that the suspect “cannot be trusted” as he gave conflicting accounts following the fatal incident.