CRITICAL EVIDENCE EMERGED IN A SH220 MILLION THEFT PROBE; SAYS COMPANY DIRECTOR.

0
2073

sf

Managing Director of Pembe Maize mills Company Salim Abubaker testifying during a case in which staffs of pembe mills defrauded the company 220milion at  Milimani law courts on Thursday May 12,2016.

BY SAM ALFAN.

Critical evidence sprang up after investigations on fake county officials who robbed a flour miller nearly Sh220 million.

Managing Director of Pembe Maize mills Company Salim Abubaker Bajaber  told the court that he knew the documents used by some fake county officials were forged after being verified by the analysis department.

The MD said that prior to the theft his company has received raw materials from over 100 suppliers and the turnover was positive.

Mr Salim was testifying in a case where five men have been accused of forging county government documents and stealing over Sh218 Million from the company out of which only Sh1.2 Million has been recovered.

Three of the five accused are Wilson Ndungu Kamomoe, Mohamed Nasir Khalifa and Josphat Okeo Kegengo.

Investigating Officer Corporal Joseph Mucheru of CID headquarters informed the court that the amount is being held by police as evidence.

“Upon recovery, the accused swore an affidavit before a commissioner of oaths that is why the amount was handed over to the police and it will be used as an exhibit once trial begins,” Said Mucheru.

Kamomoe, Khalifa and Kegengo were accused that on diverse dates between July 22 last year and February 8 at Pembe Flour Mills factory along Lunga Lunga Road within Nairobi County jointly with others not before court fraudulently conspired to defraud the company Sh218, 665,038 by false pretense.

They also faced a second count of stealing contrary to section 268(1) as read with section 275 of the penal code where it was alleged that on the said dates at Barclays Bank Enterprise road branch jointly with others not before court they stole Sh218,665,038 the property of Pembe Flour Mills Limited.

However the accused denied all the charges leveled against them and were directed by the magistrate to deposit cash bail of Sh7 million or bond of Sh10 million to secure their freedom. He directed the case to be heard on July 2.

 

 

LEAVE A REPLY